AFFIRMATIONS – HARNESSING POSITIVE THINKING: Affirmations are positive statements that can help you overcome negative thoughts. We all know this right?
But do we consciously recognise, when are we getting into our negative thoughts? No, because we are doing it unconsciously at times. Hence, it is important to THINK as to WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?
- “I’m not smart enough to do this job”
- “I am a terrible public speaker”
- “I let people walk over me every time”
Negative thoughts like these, sometimes, on a regular basis can ruin our confidence, mood and outlook and make us negative too.
Such negative thoughts drag down our personal lives, our relationships and our careers.
This is why consciously doing the opposite – using positive affirmations – conditions our subconscious to be positive. Today we shall explore how you can use affirmations to drive a positive change, both in your career and in your life in general. The Neuro-Linguistic Programming helps us to reframe our mind in such situations.
Why use Affirmations?
- 1) helps overcome self-sabotaging or negative thoughts
- 2) bring positive change in your life and career
- 3) decreases depressive symptoms
- 4) builds higher self-esteem and many other mental health conditions.
It would be a good idea to look at AFFIRMATIONS – HARNESSING POSITIVE THINKING as an exercise for our mind and outlook. These positive mental repetitions can reprogram our thinking patterns so that over time, they become an automatic thought and contribute to a positive change in behaviour.
When to use positive affirmations?
Positive AFFIRMATIONS – HARNESSING POSITIVE THINKING can be used effectively in any situation when you’d like to see a positive change take place. These might include times when you want to:
- 1) Raise your confidence before any presentations or important meetings.
- 2) Control negative feelings such as frustration, anger or impatience.
- 3) Improve your self – esteem.
- 4) Finish the projects you’ve started.
- 5) Improve productivity and many more.
How to use affirmations?
So to use affirmations,
- the first step would be to analyse the thoughts or behaviours you’d like to change in your own life.
- Write down several areas or behaviours that you want to work on.
- Then for each of them come up with positive, credible, present tense statements that are the opposite of these negative thoughts.
- Repeat your affirmations several times a day, especially when you find yourself slipping into a negative thinking pattern, or engaging in negative behaviour.
- Remember affirmations have to be realistic so be wise while choosing the same.
- You need to believe the affirmations that you repeat to yourself, only then will it have an impact on your life.
- Let them sink into your unconscious mind.
Examples of Positive AFFIRMATIONS – HARNESSING POSITIVE THINKING 2020
Some examples of positive affirmations are:
- 1) I have plenty of creativity for this project.
- 2) My work will be recognised in a positive way.
- 3) I can do this.
- 4) My opinion is heard and respected.
- 5) I am successful.
- 6) I am honest in my life and my work.
- 7) I like completing my tasks and projects on time.
- 8) I am grateful for all the knowledge I have.
- 9) I enjoy working with my team.
- 10)I am generous.
- 11)I am happy.
- 12)I will be a leader in my field.
- 13)I have a healthy body and a happy mind.
- 14)I have plenty of energy.
- 15)I’m bringing a positive attitude to work every day.
“Every thought you think” and “Every word you say” is an affirmation. Your thoughts and words create the vibration match for what you want to attract into your life.
Positive Words for Creating Affirmations
Below I have included a list of positive feeling words that you may use when creating your affirmations.
List of positive feeling words that work for framing affirmations and law of attraction.
Examples of Positive Affirmations
- I am celebrating feeling light and alive.
- I am attracting joy into my life.
- I am confidently expressing myself openly and honestly.
- I am effectively communicating my needs and desires to my loving partner.
Strong positive affirmations are powerful means of self – transformation and they are key elements in the creation of the life you desire. Remember, when creating affirmations you want to
that uplift and inspire you
that raise your emotional set point.
– Snehal, NLP practitioner for Mental Wellness