Road Trip 2020: We have seen it in the movies – let’s see if it’s true. Work/ holiday/ vacation/ leisure/ a weekend getaway with kids or a romantic escapade; a road trip can be fun. With a good set of wheels (car or bike) and passion to explore the world, your own road trip provides the perfect opportunity to forget all your worries and have quality time. With family or even solo India has a plethora of destinations for ideal road trips. Getaways to the mountains, deserts, coastal regions, high altitude areas, rain forests, or the Eastern Jungles, you name it India has all these.
Road Trip 2020:Destinations
There are a lot of destinations around the place where we live. Some are much explored and some are lesser traveled jewels tucked away in the laps of Nature. As per your interests and the time available to you the destination can be decided. If you are looking for a quiet getaway then it is best to visit places during the off-season when you will get to explore the place.
Some of the factors to be kept in mind while selecting a destination are:
- Your interests
- Your travel companions
- The number of days available
- The purpose of travel
- The weather
- The means of travel
Favorite Road Trip 2020: DESTINATIONS IN INDIA
Some of the famous Road trip destinations in India are
- Leh and Ladakh
- Manipur (Hornbill Festival)
- The East Coast highway
- The West coast highway
- Rann of Kutch
- Daman and Diu
- Goa (48 Beaches)
- Himachal Pradesh
- Char Dhams of Uttarakhand
- From Kanyakumari to Leh Ladakh
- Kullu Manali
Some of the famous Weekend Road Trip Getaways close to Metros are listed below.
- Biligiriranga Hills. BR Hills
- Kabini River.
- Nagarjunasagar – Paradise For Nature Lovers.
- Srisailam – Old-World Charm.
- Gulbarga – The Islamic Marvel.
- Kurnool – The Hyderabadi Tropics.
- Adilabad – Antiquity All Around.
- Belum Caves – Mysterious Chambers.
- Hampi – The Most Popular.
- Horsley Hills – Land Of Scenic Views.
- Neemrana, Rajasthan ( 240 km)
- Agra, Uttar Pradesh (420 km)
- Haridwar – Rishikesh, Uttarakhand (470 km)
- Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand (470 km)
- Lansdowne, Uttarakhand (500 km)
- Alwar – Bhangarh, Rajasthan (500 km)
- Jaipur, Rajasthan (540 km)
- Nandi Hills – 357 KM
- Mysore – 479 KM
- Kodaikanal – 518 km
- Ooty – 547 km
- Nagarhole – 557 km
- Kabini – 560 km
- Thekkady – 560 km
- Mudumalai – 560 km
- Kamshet Hills(cool weather and scenic beauty).
- Sunderbans – With a Shimmering Coastline.
- Bakkhali – Located Between Islands.
- Bishnupur – A Town With Breathtaking Architecture.
- Mandarmani – A Pristine Gem.
- Digha – A Coastal Resort Town.
- Mukutmanipur – A Natural Resort.
- Jamshedpur – Visit The Myriad Of Attractions.
- Araku Valley.
- Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary.
BEFORE THE JOURNEY
For a successful trip & to enjoy/ explore banshee, meticulous planning and execution are the backbones. Planning Checklist:-
- Servicing of the vehicle and adequate spares ensured.
- Remember before you hit the road be careful while selecting your route, planning the halts, and broad timelines.
- Thumb Rule when traveling with family is to cover 350 to 700 kilometers per day. It is not so tiring and leaves you with enough zeal to explore the destination. It also gives you time to explore the location (one evening and one morning).
- Photography and site seeing enthusiasts would love to explore the golden hour opportunity of Dusk and dawn at each place.
- Read and research about the places to go, best thing to eat, restaurants, an ideal place to stay.
- Always be careful about the water and food you consume, they can sometimes upset your planned routine.
- The route planning can be done by using high-end software like Google Earth Studio, Google Earth Pro, My Maps, simply Google Maps, or any other mapping software.
- Ensure your offline maps are downloaded and updated before you hit the road because you are bound to travel through no network zones.
- Carry adequate water and food to be consumed en route.
- Plan for any eventuality- cater to bad weather, carry proper clothing, medicines & first aid kit.
- Ensure your infotainment has got adequate online/ offline songs.
- Make use of Google itinerary planner, Google trip planner
- Nominate the task and duties of each traveler.
DURING THE JOURNEY
Be banshee and go out and explore.
- Keep the speed under control especially when driving on highways at high speeds.
- Adhere to driving rules and regulations.
- Remain on the Golden Quadrilateral / National Highways as much as possible.
- While driving most importantly ensure there are no distractions and the vehicle is administratively self-sustained.
- Keep the required documents updated and some cash handy.
- Infotainment (songs, et al) should be the responsibility of the co-driver.
- Ensure passengers are wearing seat belts and kids are secure.
- Off-Roading. If you are planning to go off-road, keep safety in mind and have reliable camping kits, and be careful about wildlife and local inhabitants. Keep necessary impediments based on terrain and weather handy.
- Always keep cleanliness in mind and be cautious not to litter the place where you visit.
- Take adequate memorable photographs and videos.
- Collect Memorabilia’s
- Keep your electronic devices fully charged at all times.
AFTER THE JOURNEY
- Collate the pictures, videos, and memorabilia.
- Share your experience for other travelers
- Post servicing of the vehicle
- Plan the next road trip!
Be safe & enjoy your trip. Do share your magical experiences(past, present, and future) to motivate others.